Stay Prepared – Trauma Network for Children
The Stay Prepared – Trauma Network for Children is a successsive collaboration between KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital and Temasek Foundation Cares following the Temasek Foundation Cares KITS (Kids In Tough Situations) programme. This pilot programme aims to bring psychosocial trauma support and care into the core of the Singapore community.
The key objectives of the Stay Prepared – Trauma Network for Children are:
1. Develop and validate a culture-sensitive model to provide post-trauma care and support to children immediately after a traumatic event.
2. Develop a model of training to train school counsellors, community-based psychologists and social workers, community leaders, seniors and volunteers in post-trauma psychological support skills.
3. Build greater capacity of school counsellors, community-based psychologists and social workers in a locally adapted trauma therapy model.
4. Establish a trauma learning network for school and community practitioners to promote knowledge transfer and skills development.
5. Raise public awareness on trauma, its impact and how and when to seek trauma related support or treatment for a child.