Temasek Foundation Cares – Restart A Heart
The Temasek Foundation Cares – Restart A Heart programme is a first responder programme to raise the bystander response rate in cases of cardiac arrest, when a person’s heart stops, happening outside the hospital.
Through a simplified pedagogy, the programme encourages members of the public to learn basic resuscitation skills like continuous chest compression-only resuscitation as well as the use of an AED Heart Restarter.
The life-saving skills can be learned through a 1-hour training course which teaches one to:
1) recognise when a person’s heart stops;
(2) call 995 for Emergency Medical Service (EMS);
(3) start continuous chest compressions;
(4) use an AED Heart Restarter if available; and
(5) stay on the line with EMS and wait for an ambulance to arrive
Anyone can learn restart a heart and save a life. Interested persons can call Singapore Heart Foundation at Tel: 6354 9379/73 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register their interest.
The Temasek Foundation Cares – Restart A Heart programme is a collaboration with the Singapore Heart Foundation and is part of the ‘Stay Prepared’ initiative funded by the Temasek Emergency Preparedness Fund.